Dr. Anna Crosby is the Director of Emergency and ICU services at CENTRAL HOSPITAL. She is available for Critical Care Consultations with clients as well as referrals of Critical Care patients requiring:
- Continuous EKG monitoring via telemetry
- Constant fluid and medication infusions
- Oxygen Therapy
- End-Tidal Capnography
- Pulse Oximetry
- Multi-Lumen central line placement
- Central Venous Pressure monitoring
- STAT blood gas, electrolyte and coagulation parameter analysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Hematocrit and Hemoglobin Monitoring
- Oxygen Incubators for Neo-Natal Care
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Nutritional Support
- Vacuum Therapy for wounds
- Isolation unit available for patients with contagious disease
- Immediate access to necessary services: Laboratory Analysis, Radiography, Ultrasonography, Echocardiography, Endoscopy and Surgery
Dr. Leyenda Harley is the Director of Internal Medicine at CENTRAL HOSPITAL. She is available for Internal Medicine Consultations for clients by appointment and Internal Medicine Consults for Veterinarians by phone or e-mail. Endoscopic Services include:
- Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Stem Cell Therapy for the treatment of inflammatory or immune mediated disease such as : Asthma, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Hepatitis and Osteoarthritis.
Dr. Melvyn Pond is a Board Certified Surgeon. He performs a wide range of procedures including, but not limited to:
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) to manage anterior cruciate ligament tears
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Replacement
- Fracture Repair
- Spinal Surgery
Dr. Pond is one of twenty veterinary surgeons in the United States performing the recently introduced Total Elbow Replacement surgery. Dr. Pond also performs general surgery of the chest, abdomen, head and neck
Dr. Lance Rozear is a Board Certified Radiologist and head of the Radiology Department at CENTRAL HOSPITAL. He is available Monday through Friday for interpretation of all imaging studies performed on-site at Central Hospital. He is also available for consultation on digital and conventional imaging studies submitted through the mail or through Central's Teleradiology service. Ultrasonographic procedures available are:
- Standard Imaging of Abdomen and Heart
- Less Conventional Imaging of the Muscoskeletal System and other structures
- Color and Power Doppler Procedures
- Interventional Procedures such as Ultrasound Guided Biopsies and Aspirates
Radiographic Contrast Studies can be performed and interpreted by Dr. Rozear at CENTRAL HOSPITAL as well.
In addition to radiographs CENTRAL HOSPITAL has a CT Scan machine in house. CT Scans need to be scheduled by your family veterinarian or by a hospital staff doctor.
Dr. Lauren Pinchbeck is a Board Certified Veterinary Dermatologist from Northeast Veterinary Dermatology Specialists. She sees patients at CENTRAL HOSPITAL by appointment for treatment of benign and malignant disorders of the skin, mouth, hair, ears, and claws.
- treatment of allergies and allergy-induced skin diseases
- infections and non-infectious skin diseases
- parasitic skin diseases
- autoimmune diseases, as well as recognition of the skin manifestations of systemic disease, including internal cancers
- diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, cysts and other tumors of the skin
- chronic infections and inflammatory conditions of the ears
- specialized diagnostic procedures including microscopic examination of skin biopsy specimens, cytological smears and allergy tests
- fungal cultures and other microbiologic examinations of skin scrapings and secretions from your pet.
A referral is not necessary. You may call Dr. Pinchbeck's appointment line (914)777-DERM to schedule an exam for your pet.
Dr. Ellen Lindell is a Board Certified Veterinary Behaviorist. She is available by appointment to help families solve the behavior problems of their companion animals. Common problems are:
- House- Soiling
- Excessive Vocalization
Dr. Lindell sees patients by appointment and has weekend and evening hours available for your convenience. Call her scheduling line to set up an appointment (845) 473-7406.